THINGS TO DO
4 Season Recreation
Skiing & Snowboarding
Snow Shoeing & Cross Country Skiing
Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are allowed on Catskill Park trails. Conditions can vary, so for beginners we recommend Windham Mountain’s snow-shoeing and x-country programs.
Both Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain feature snow tubing parks. Lots of fun – great way to spend a few hours with kids!
- 292,000 acres of forest preserve in Catskill Park
- 303 miles of maintained trails
- 98 Peaks over 3000 feet
- 35 peaks over 3500 feet – 12 of these are located in the Northern Catskills just minuets away
*As avid hikers, we have created a custom hiking guide for our guests. Ask us for a copy!
- Windham Mountain Bike Park – Lift assisted Down Hill Park. A must-do for riding enthusiasts. 1.5 mile from the Copper Kettle.
- Windham Area Recreation – Elm Ridge Trail System & The Windham Path – both just 1 mile from the Copper Kettle. Miles of trails for every ability.
- Round Top Mountain Biking Association: Trail system created and maintained by local riders – trails connect to area business. 15 min. from the Copper Kettle
- Colgate Lake – Beautiful lake, great mountain views. Great for those looking to swim in a natural setting. There are no lifeguards. Located 15 minuets from the Copper Kettle.
- North South Lake – State park with 2 lakes. Boat rentals, bath houses, and lifeguards. Located 20 min. from the Copper Kettle
- Zoom Flume Water Park: Located about 15 minuets from the Copper Kettle in the Durham Valley, this is a family favorite. Great for the kids.
White water tubing on the Esopus creek at Town Tinker Tubing, 30 minuets from the Copper Kettle.
- Windham Mountain Country Club: 18 hole public golf course located just .5 miles from the Copper Kettle
- Christmans Windham House: Offers 2 courses, Mountain and Valley, just 2 miles from the Copper Kettle.
Hunting / Fishing
If fishing & hunting are your passions then you’re in luck. The Catskills offer so many opportunities sure to satisfy novice to expert. Visit Copper Don’s Catskill Mountain Guides page for more information.
- Nunzio Pizzera & Chalet Fondue
Located within walking distance (.4 miles) from the Copper Kettle, Nunzio’s has the best pizza on the Mountain Top. Tucked behind the pizza place is, The Chalet Fondue – Great Authentic German food in a cozy atmosphere.
- Higher Grounds
Breakfast & Lunch cafe within walking distance of the Copper Kettle – .4 miles. Great for coffee, sandwiches and salads. Lots of natural and local options.
- Cave Mountain Brewing Co.
Great brew pub located in the center of town just 1 mile from the Copper Kettle. Onsite brewing and pub fare.
- Michaels Diner
Huge portion diner in the center of town – just 1 mile from the Copper Kettle.
- Prime Steak House
Located 1 mile from the Copper Kettle, rustic atmosphere with large bar.
- Mill Rock
Brick Oven pizza and upscale Italian dishes. Good food – intimate dinning room setting.
- Bistro Brie
Upscale French cuisine located in the center of town – just 1 mile from the Copper Kettle
- Chicken Run
Located approximately 2 miles from the Copper Kettle, just outside the center of town. Great family restaurant with lots of homestyle options. Outdoor setting perfect for kids.
Mind & Body
The Windham Spa: Find peace and quiet in our 200 year old guest house. Sip a cup of tea after a relaxing massage while enjoying the mountain views. Melt away all tension and stress. Whatever you choose our goal is to help you slow down & enjoy life.
Alpine Spa at Windham Mountain Resort: Find a sense of stillness at Alpine Spa. Experience our brand-new facility located slope-side and just steps away from Windham Mountain Resort’s base lodge.
Zen Mountain Monastery: Nestled in New York’s beautiful Catskill Mountains, Zen Mountain Monastery is one of the West’s most respected Zen Buddhist monasteries and training centers.
Mahayana Temple: Chinese Buddhist temple approximately 15 min. from the Copper Kettle.
Down Town Shops – Just 1 mile from the Copper Kettle, in the center of town, are some great shops. Be sure to check out Urban Country, Miraluz Candle Store, and Garden of Stone for unique finds. The Main Street Antique shop is also a great place to explore!
Woodstock Shops & Restaurants – A pleasant 45 min. drive will take you to the town of Woodstock, NY. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon. Lots of great shops and restaurants.
Todaro’s Salumeria is our local grocery store. Good deli & meat counter – great for Italian specialties and the essentials. 1 mile from us on Rt. 23 in Windham
Windham Movie Theater – 1 min. from the Copper Kettle in the center of town
Hunter Movie Theater – 8 miles from the Copper Kettle
Bearsville Theater – See a great show just 45 min. from the Copper Kettle in Woodstock.